Oct 22, 2010

Be Grateful

I'm grateful, but I need to work on showing how grateful I am more often.
It's true what they say about absence making the heart grow stronger. Being away from college makes me realize how unappreciative I was when I had it. Don't get me wrong, I love my little town and the people that live here, but, I find myself craving the educated minds that surrounded me in college. I am not saying the people here are dumb, not by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes I like to have arguments about parabolas, and circuits, and proper names and English.
I'm grateful for college.
I'm grateful to have friends who respect me and are willing to protect me (oftentimes from myself). Who don't try to corrupt me.
I'm grateful for my family and the comraderie we have, especially when playing games together.
I'm grateful for my mother who is always trying to make herself and those around her better.
I'm grateful for my father who provides for them, and me, and wants the best for me.
I'm grateful for my adorable younger brothers who remind me every day how lucky I am to have them.
For honey and butter, mustard and ketchup, chicken nuggets and french fries, ice cream and chips, steak and potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce, cucumbers and pickles, cheese and bread, salt and pepper, pasta and sauce, ovens and fridges, mixers and pans, graters and knives, tables and chairs, plates and silverware, cakes and brownies, salsa! and chips.
For scriptures and family prayer. For the early mornings we have to wake up and read in voices that are just barely understandable. For a cat that headbutts me when she feels like I should be up and feeding her, (and who at the present time is telling me to eat less by kneading my stomach with her two front paws.)
For a car to drive to work. For a job. For coworkers who make me laugh and wish I could do more for them. For a fiery little old lady who employs me and walks faster than I can run. For institute where I learn more about the church and the gospel. For church where I feel more connected with my Heavenly Father. For the sacrament where I renew my covenants. For ward members who want to know what I'm doing with my life.
For the rain that has blessed this land for the last 3 weeks. For the clouds that mellow the sunlight. For my bathroom (which is the only bathroom in the house not undergoing some sort of renovations).

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for...Tegan!! For always bringing a smile to my face and an occasional outburst of laughter in a quiet classroom. :D

    ReplyDelete