Jun 20, 2011

Keepers of the Wild

I thought we were going to a service project, planting trees at the Keepers of the Wild Preserve.
Bryan picked me up at eight am in his work clothes and told me we had to stop by his house to pick up the water jug and meet the others. We parked outside his door and he told me he wouldn't be long so I could wait in the truck. Ten minutes passed and then he called me and asked me to help him in the kitchen. Luckily for him I actually heard his phone call, that could have really messed with him.
I walked in to see him dressed in a shirt and tie. I was taken aback but I knew immediately what was happening. He sat me down on the couch and told me I could not interrupt him, so I sat and looked up at him.
"It's hard for a man to shop for a ring, so I have the empty ring box but you'll have to wait for the ring." I was confused but as promised I did not interrupt.
"Now, I'm going to give you five things to show you how much I love you. The first is a hug." He pulled me up from the couch and hugged me. "The next is a kiss." Which he gave me. "The next is flowers." He pulled them from behind the couch and handed me these beautiful babies.
"The next is a card. Let me know when you finish it." He handed it to me and I admit I cried a bit when I read the card. He'd been telling me about a card he'd found and planned on saving for the girl he proposed to.
"The next is a book."
"It has the seven novels of Jane Austen and I wrote something even better in the book." He handed it to me and I stared at it in my hands and looked up at him, "Can I read it now?" He chuckled, "Yes." I opened it to find this:
I could do nothing more than stare at it and cry. He knelt down and picking up the ring asked me "Will you marry me?" All I could manage even though I wanted to give some smart alec response was, "YES!"
We didn't end up going to Keepers of the Wild, but I don't really mind that much.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats congrats congrats congrats!!!! Still so excited for you teegs!!! I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this! Hooray! So happy for you. Marriage is the best. COngrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh Teagan how very exciting. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete