May 25, 2011

At Long Last

BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!
I know I say that all the time but seriously, the best weekend! Bryan was baptized On Saturday May 21, 2011 at 9:00AM in the Rutherford Church, Kingman, AZ by Michael Gibelyou. Such a happy day and one that will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of time. I always knew it was going to happen but it is so wonderful that it finally arrived.
Jordan Grimmer gave the talk on baptism and did a splendid job. My phone went off (to a really annoying ring tone), much to my embarrassment... Opps. It was my calendar telling me Bryan was getting baptized. Like I didn't know or would ever forget. My father baptized him, gently. And Brett Hale gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Brett, Grimmer, myself, Jesse and Maddi Peterson, and Katherine Welch sang the Armies of Helamen/Sisters in Zion medley and it was beautiful. Then Bishop Miller welcomed him to the ward and the meeting ended. There was a wide variety of ages and people attending. There were children from his classes with their parents, some people from his ward, his friends from Young Single Adults, his friends from Utah (Grimmer, Katherine and me), his friends outside the church, and my family. Bryan has support from so many different people because he touches the lives of so many people and always for the better.
Bryan with the missionaries.
Elder Berryhill, Elder Lindsey, Dad, Bryan, Me, Brett
It has been a while coming and Bryan was a dry member anyway. It was so surreal to me because it didn't feel like it was necessary. But I can truly say I've seen a change for the better in Bryan since the beginning of his trip down this road. He is changed and has become an even better man than I have ever known. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. One fish in the sea.
Sunday He was confirmed in a scorching meeting room where I almost passed out, I swear! And then during priesthood meeting that same day he was ordained a priest. If that isn't testimony enough to the character of this man I don't know what is.
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
Thanks for the adventure Babe, You are my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. This is so, so wonderful!! Congrats to him! (And to you!!)

    ReplyDelete