Apr 15, 2010

Awkward Situations

What is it that creates awkward situations? What makes us feel awkward? Perhaps it's a mixture of feelings.
When walking in on a couple being romantic with one another, why should we feel awkward? Perhaps because we are being forced to share the love they have for one another. Perhaps because that situation is a private one and when we walk in on it, it is no longer private.
When conversing, and there are pauses or we just simply feel awkward, why?
Perhaps there are awkward pauses where we simply don't want to open up to a stranger, or even a friend. For myself I feel awkward when I feel like the person I'm conversing with is pushing me for information about myself that I just don't want to give.
So why do you feel awkward?

1 comment:

  1. Because you're talking (and laughing) in a French accent.

    ReplyDelete