May 3, 2010

Regimen

The day starts at five. (well, technically it starts at 00:00) The boys are up and getting ready for school and I can hear them in my bedroom. At six the family gets together to fortify ourselves against the day. Then begins the work.
Already today I have visited four stores, and filled out four applications. And I have practiced a hard song that I will be playing tonight that I received Sunday night. This may not sound like much but hey, it has taken me a while to begin it. Also it is only 12:00 pm. I still have many hours left in my day.
I will be honest. I missed the dirt and the slowly forming paradise that my mother is cultivating in the backyard. She's got a green thumb and a bucket of determination. That's what she says makes things grow in the desert.
Determination. Cuz the soil, well, isn't soil.
I can't count the years she has fought the desert to bring forth greenery. Our yard is a standing tribute to her work.
this tree was not this tall two years ago, it barely cleared the red strip.
It truly takes hard work to get these trees to grow.


earth boxes for keeping plants out of the clay
a danger lurks. Not really, that's my cat, she's worthless as a hunter.
a pretty little weed mom almost crushed with her foot.
The secret to success. Worm pop! and pee. That's right, get worms!

No comments:

Post a Comment