May 2, 2010

Kingman, Arizona, Land of...

Desert. On all sides, a town cradled by mountains and desert. Yet, there is a majestic beauty to the desert that has made me fall in love with this growing town. Oh Kingman, you tug at my heart strings.
Because of this.
The sunsets. The sunsets of Kingman Arizona are to die for. Golds, reds, pinks, purples and yellows paint the sky when the sun greets the day and when it leaves it. Even though this picture is beautiful it doesn't do the glorious sunsets of the desert justice.
Sigh, for the beauty of the earth, for the beauty of the skies. Lord of all to thee we raise, this our hymn of grateful praise. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
The only thing missing now, are the people I left in Provo, especially my dear roommate, Katherine Welch.

1 comment:

  1. Favorite part of this post: the "sigh" before you quote For the Beauty of the Earth. Now every time I sing that song I'm going to think, "Sigh for the beauty of the earth..."

    ReplyDelete