Jun 11, 2012

T-minus 7 Days

It's safe to say I have many mixed emotions. As in my previous post, I am very sad to be leaving Kingman. Ever since January all I've wanted is to just leave and be rid of the burden I carried, and now, I will greatly miss this beautiful town with it's incredible people.
My mother told me, "I will be glad to see you go, but I will miss you a lot."
As with any adventure there is trepidation and excitement. I worry about going back and starting a fresh, and yet I welcome the challenge and the opportunities there. So many others have moved on, but so many friends are still there, ready to help me out if I need comforting. I am different than I was four, or even two years ago. I know my course, I know trials and adversity, I know the beautiful and merciful power of the Atonement, I know the kind side of man, I know the ache of longing, I know the pain of cruel words, I know who I am, I know the love of God for my fellow man, I have been caught up by the flame of truth, I know the destiny I wish to leave written on the stars, I know the path I want to take, I know the greatness I could achieve, I know God lives, I know He loves me, I know the loss of a close friend, I know the devastation of watching someone leave the truth, I know the broken hearted, I know the truly humble, and I know myself.
Yes, I am very different than I was, and thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment