Feb 16, 2010

Peace, Home, and Comfort

Do you ever have those times when you are unsure and you just need to get away from the chaos and fast paced rhythm? Izzy and I traveled down to Arizona this weekend to get away from it. We left ridiculously early Friday morning. Both of us were pretty wired when we weren't sleeping and when we stopped in Nevada it was like the sun had zapped us with energy. We were alive for that moment in time. I felt so alive until 3 in the afternoon. This is when I passed out for three hours on the bed in my home. It's always nice to be in a home.
That night my mother, two younger brothers and I went to Mr. Jennings' production of MidSummer Night's Dream, which, by the way, was absolutely amazing! Kevin Grenda, Spencer Vandevier, Josh Shupe, and Anna Jennings played my favorite parts with astounding skill and gusto. Kevin played Demetri and he was GOOD. I was shocked at how well he acted. Spencer played Nick Bottom (perhaps my favorite character). He was hilarious! He has come a long way from two years ago. Josh was Flute and he had the whole audience in the palm of his hand roaring at his antics when he was on stage . Anna was just play amazing at playing Helena, props Anna, props!
On the drive home my youngest brother Alec said that he liked the whole play except for the satire. Mom and I were so confused. We asked all kinds of questions to figure out what he was talking about. Finally it hit me. "OH! You mean the satyr!" "Yeah the satyr (pronouncing it satire)!" Don't you just love Family?
Who needs a Valentine when you have Family? We made dinner and cookies together and played games. Everyone laughed and teased and joked. Honestly, What more do you need?
Thanks guys. You are the best! I am so glad I could go home over the Holiday of love to rediscover how much I love my Family.

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors, a lot. They make your blog more...you. And who needs Valentine's Day? I packed fast, and on Sunday I realized I only had black clothes to wear to church. I told my Mom I was in mourning. :]

    ReplyDelete