Jan 29, 2010

Smoking is Bad for You

Yesterday Ian and I started our routine of running every other day. Needless to say I thought I was going to die after four minutes of hardly strenuous exercise. Yes, I do know that I'm pathetic and incredibly out of shape. It was awesome though, I kept running, at points it was minimal movement but I was still kind of jogging. It felt like a vice had crushed my chest and only the tiniest amount of air was getting through. I was supposed to meet Ali at the HFAC so we ran and ended there.
I met Ali and tried my best to calm my breathing but I began freaking out. Ali told me to stop freaking myself out and told me it was mostly mental. I listened to her and battled my rising panic at my lack of breath. I started hyperventilating but managed to get back under control. Ali talked to me the whole way home, taking my mind off my pain and I found it easier to breathe. Thank you so much Ali for saving my life, or at least my sanity.
The rest of the day, and even now my breathing is like that of a chronic smoker and when I laugh it deteriorates into a hacking sickly cough. So depressing.
Seven Peaks had free ice skating for those students in the Honors Program and their friends and I was invited by a friend to come along. A whole group of us went and had a ball! I saw a boy with a name tag and I called out to him.
"Hello Mike B." I smiled and waved and he looked at me like am-I-supposed-to-know-you?
"Hi, How are you?"
"I'm great how are you?" At this point I realized that he thought I knew him. That's when I couldn't refrain myself.
"I'm doing great."
"It's been forever since I've seen you." I was struggling to not laugh
"Yeah. What have you been up to?" I could tell he was trying to figure out where he knew me from.
"I've just been going to school, you know the regular stuff. What about you?"
"Yeah, just been doing the school stuff. What are you majoring in?"
Needless to say we had a great conversation. My group was moving on so I ended with
"It was great to see you again!"
"It was great to see you too." I guess he forgot that he was wearing a name tag. :)
He found me later and introduced me to his friend, trying to get his friend to figure out my name. I laughed and apologized for not knowing him. They both laughed and his friend asked how I knew his name. I pointed to his name tag. We became friends. Mike B. gave me the B. part of his name tag so that I could have a name. Good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment