Jan 5, 2011

Promises

I hold promises very seriously. At least my own. I hate when promises are broken and I have learned to take my promises as contracts of a sort. More than just words spoken to make someone feel better. Even the casually spoken promises have become more binding to me. I feel so... unclean... unworthy.. when I break the promises I make to others. Granted there are circumstances that prevent the promiser from fulfilling her promise. Life changes and the situations change, I am beginning to accept and understand this more fully.
I am more careful about the promises I make, I don't like to promise what I can't fulfill. Even if I really want to make a promise, if I know that there is a possibility I can't do it, I am very reluctant to give it. So if I don't promise something to you, even lightly, don't take it that I don't want to promise it. Take it that I don't know if I can follow through with it, given circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment