Mar 4, 2010

Ode to a Birthday of 2 Decades

The best part about my birthday was my mom. Hands down. It was nice to start out the day with her and with balloons and a mirror message from Eliza. :)
The day went smoothly and wonderfully, I was able to finish the homework I hadn't done when my mom was here in time for my classes. Classes went quickly and a "tractive man" said hello to me and asked me how I was. Never met him before but I would not mind running into him again. ;)
Immediately after classes were over Katherine and I went to FHE, we rode with JC (driving), Jaxon, Mark, Emily M, Maren, Ali, and Jill. JC is an awesome person to drive 10 people around in a six passenger van because he loves to take turns ridiculously fast and he doesn't look before he goes in a round about. His first driving habit nearly killed some of us twice and the second, all of us would have been toast. It was soooooo much fun!
After ariving safely at FHE and eating the delicious dinner that was there for us I was sung to by everyone who came. I think I turned bright red. Driving home Madison, we switched cars, took the long way and then suddenly had to go to Target after we passed it a ways back. I had no clue what was going on. But in Target Emily R, Katherine and I went to the toy section and saw a lot of freaky dolls and some retro Barbies. Oh Barbie, you and I never were that good of friends. On the way home from Target Ali was telling us how you could train your laugh. She demonstrated the laugh she was going to have. "Hi-yucka, hi-yucka." So naturally all of us joined in. We were at a stop light, Madison's window was down, and a boy was walking by. When he reached the other side Ali barked at him. He probably thinks we are crazy.
Upon arriving back at Park Plaza all five of us in the car held a dance party to "I Gotta Feelin" and guess what? The night was a good night. Katherine said she had to go over to 310 to get some cookie sheets so I went in with her and she shoved me through the door. "I don't like that you just shoved me through the door..." "SURPRISE!!!!" At least thirty people were crammed into the living room of 310, at least! Katherine had made posters and a ton of people signed them. Wow, thanks guys!
Later that night Sean B and I snuck into the BYU preschool playground, went down a couple slides and set off the swinging pots and pans before hightailing it over the wall. Then we traversed into the underground parking lot and up to the Library to roll down the hill. Sean got kicked in the face because he wanted to hold my feet as I went down. Silly Sean, don't you know kicks are for people that hold feet when rolling down a hill? After I was dizzy and disoriented we posed with the Brigham Young statue. Too bad neither of us had a camera.
Thanks to all those who made my birthday epic!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that DOES sound like an epic birthday! An epic birthday for an epic girl!
    PS: I want to kick Sean in the face sometimes, so I guess next time I get that urge I'll see if he'll roll down a hill with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, note to self...no more blogging in class. I was reading your blog and almost started laughing again about that ridiculously yet hilarious hi-yucking scenario. So great. Loffs.

    ReplyDelete