Mar 19, 2010

The Cost of a Colored Cut

So today was a lovely and exciting day. It all started with me finishing my set that I was constructing for class. (A mini set out of play dough) It was beautiful! Madison and Shaelyn can attest. I packed it up neatly so I could take it to be presented to my class. Lovely.

Then I went to meet Julie so we could go to her hair cutting interview. Basically, she would dye and cut my hair so that the owner could see how good she was and hire her. The foiling of my hair took a lot longer than either of us expected. So, I ran to my presentation looking like this…










but with my face. Naturally. I ran in just as my group was starting their presentation so I had no time to set up my beautiful stage. The director simply said, “And this is Tegan, she is playing the princess.” I felt deeply, deeply embarrassed. It wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t been late. I thought about not doing it but, my group was depending on me. I couldn't just not show up, our grade depended on it.

Then it was my turn to present and I started whipping out my set and most of it fell apart. My castle broke and I tried to make jokes but I knew that my professor wasn't at all impressed. I was devastated. I had worked for weeks on that tinee little stage, sculpting it out of play dough and painting it. My face was so red and I felt retarded. Each and everyone of my group members gave me the “I pity you.” face. It was horrible and I almost started crying. But, everyone told me they were impressed I even showed up and with all the work I’d put in. I only wish my professor though so. I'm almost afraid of what he will grade me for. I am extremely grateful that I was able to make it to my presentation though. If I had just not shown up? That would have been awful!

So, with my pride broken I went back to the salon and Julie finished my hair. It looks fantastic! Five hours from the start here is what I look like. J



Isn’t it lovely? Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I am still so sad that your set broke. All that hard work!!! No bueno. But I do love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! Beauty for ashes, my friend. And I'm sure the next time your set will turn out AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young Julia Roberts. That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete