Mar 1, 2010

What a Weekend

My mother appeared on Friday afternoon and left at nine Monday morning. Best weekend EVER!!!!
She arrived on Friday afternoon and came on campus while I took my test. After the test we wandered in the bookstore just cruising and enjoying the feel of the shop. Then up to the Marriot Center to get tickets for the game, only to find out they were completely sold out! So we tramped on to the Bean Museum and looked at the dead stuffed things. My favorite is still Shasta the liger. I love being with my mom. We went to class and she sat by herself while my group and I sat on the stage with my group. I invited her down but she was content to stay where she was.
That night my older brothers and sister-in-law came to dinner. It was great to see half the family together having a good time. My mother retired to bed so I went to play games, I went down to the car and found a boot on the wheel!!! I had gotten a parking permit, but the wrong month was put on the tag. I explained the situation to the boot man when he came and he let me off without paying. Joe's new apartment is quite nice with spacey rooms and a springy couch with a floral patterns. I learned a new game and Jared and I kicked trash at Cranium, that's right suckers!!!! ;) Also sundaes from McDonald's are way better at one in the morning.
Saturday morning my mom and went shopping for a good eight hours. Don't worry, we didn't spend an entire fortune, but it was very nice to be alone with her for a long time. I learned a lot about myself and about her, isn't that what mothers are supposed to do? We made a cake and went to see Twilight: New Moon and the best part about the movies was the screaming girls erupting every time Jacob took off his shirt. Edward had some supporters but not as many as Jake. It was so amusing. Frankly I think the Volturi should have had more camera time.
If anyone hasn't met my mother, you are most definitely missing out. Sunday was a calm and peaceful day filled with introductions and speculations. My mother pointed out the man she thought was best looking in the ward. And told me which ones I should chase after. :) Man I love my mother.
Sunday night was filled with laughter, games, and excitement. Katherine and her mother joined us for dinner group, Katherine's mom came up with my own but Katherine and she stayed at her grandmother's. We played pit with my brother. Then it was off to ward prayer, where I got sung to. After all Monday was my BIRTHDAY! I stayed after ward prayer and stayed awake until 12:00AM. Then a group of us friends went to Wendy's to get some frosties to celebrate. What a way to ring in a twentieth birthday!
My mother left early Monday morning. Thanks for an awesome weekend mother. :) Can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to know who your mom thought was the best looking. And her advice on who I should chase after. :)

    ReplyDelete